[Semibug] Printing Labels on OpenBSD w/ LibreOffice

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Wed Dec 27 20:29:54 EST 2023

Guys and Gals:

 I wanted to share a little tip on printing Avery labels, on
OpenBSD. These are the sheets of adhesive labels you buy in office
supply stores. LibreOffice has a label making wizard but sometimes it
is just easier to download the label template from Avery and save it
as a *.odt file. Here is how to do it:

1) Go to https://www.avery.com/template and enter the product number
of your labels. In my case it was 5821.
2) Click on the relvant format that you want (*.doc, *.pdf, etc).
You will have to create an account to download it but that should
not be a big deal.
3) Save it in LibreOffice as a *.odt file. Fill in the return
address and destination address.
4) Put in the sheet of labels into the printer and print your label.

Your done.

I am using OpenBSD 7.4 with a Xerox 6022 Phaser printer.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan