[Semibug] OpenBSD Shared Hosting

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:57:19 EDT 2023

Hopefully I can discuss this  without starting a big fuss. I looked
into virtual hosts and they were expensive. Plus it was hard to figure out
what the total cost would be.

Anyway, I want to run two websites off the dame computer. One for clothing and
one for fabric. I have a vague understanding oh how to do this. The EXAMPLES in
the man page for httpd.conf shows this
https://man.openbsd.org/OpenBSD-7.3/amd64/httpd.conf
I looked in Michael Lucas book
https://www.tiltedwindmillpress.com/product/httpd-and-relayd-mastery/ ,
which I own, and it had nothing on shared hosting.

Now by shared hosting I mean one bare metal OpenBSD with one IP address but
two separate websites. See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shared_web_hosting_service
the section on "Name-Based".

I do not expect you guys to write an explanation of how to do this. Just
point me to a book or website that explains it.

I took a look at this website but nothing on shared hosting.
https://www.openbsdhandbook.com/