[Semibug] Business Software for *BSD

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Wed May 10 11:40:42 EDT 2023

I came across this web page:

Open Source BSD Business Software
https://sourceforge.net/directory/business/bsd/

While looking for alternatives to OpenOffice. I got this error while
running LibreOffice:

$ libreoffice
[0.004s][warning][os,thread] Attempt to protect stack guard pages
failed (0x000077cdeb90f000-0x000077cdeb913000).
#
# Native memory allocation (mprotect) failed to protect 16384 bytes
for memory to guard stack pages
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/cleetus/hs_err_pid29672.log

I spent hours trying to diagnose what was wrong and finally gave up. I
just disabled JRE in LibreOffice. Besides LibreOffice is too
complicated for me. Instead I installed Scribus, a desktop publishing
suite.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan