[Semibug] OS choice for computer illiterate family members?

CAREY SCHUG sqrfolkdnc at comcast.net
Thu May 18 16:22:50 EDT 2023

OK, illiterate here.

I downloaded the you-get and unzipped it.  updating $PATH didn't seem work, so I just changed to that directory.

WHen I am ready to run: [sudo] python3 setup.py install

I get:

careyschug at OptiPlex-7050:~/Downloads/you-get-master$ sudo python3 setup.py install
/home/careyschug/Downloads/you-get-master/setup.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib and slated for removal in Python 3.12; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
  import os, json, imp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/careyschug/Downloads/you-get-master/setup.py", line 18, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup, find_packages
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools'

<pre>--Carey</pre>