[Semibug] OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu May 23 02:26:38 EDT 2024

Ron / BCLUG said on Wed, 22 May 2024 19:43:34 -0700

>CAREY SCHUG wrote on 2024-05-22 15:34:
>
>> I would like to choose a PEN color, e.g. red, no matter what I enter
>> or change, no matter where, it will be in the pen color.
>
>As Carl mentioned, LibreOffice supports colourizing text.
>

>> so I can make a group of changes, then go back and verify them, when
>> confirmed, change everything to black.
>
>Perhaps version tracking would help with this?
>
>All changes can be tracked and reviewed.

Yes. If you *must* use LibreOffice, save versions very often.

By the way, if you want to save versions only when the document is in
working condition, consider implementing my bupsky script:

#!/bin/sh

buptrunk=/scratch/bup
curdir=$(pwd | sed -e "s/.*\///")
bupdir=$buptrunk/$curdir
now=$(date +%Y%m%d_%H_%M_%S)
src=../$curdir
dst=$bupdir/${curdir}_$now

if test ! -d "$bupdir"; then
	mkdir "$bupdir"
fi

cp -RpL "$src" "$dst"
#ls -ltr $bupdir | tail -n 4
echo backup written to "$dst"

Obviously, you'd change the buptrunk variable to wherever you want.

This command can be run in 3 seconds counting switching to a terminal,
fast enough that you don't lose your train of thought.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21