[nycbug-talk] NYCLAB?

Josh McCormack joshmccormack
Mon May 24 20:05:06 EDT 2004

Mikel King wrote:

> Pete Wright wrote:
>
>> Mikel King wrote:
>>
>>> Have we decided on the number of machines et cettera? I would like to
>>> know before I ask the client if I could have them before they hit the
>>> dumpster or get donated or loaned elsewhere.
>>

>> hrm....i think at a minimum we would need two.  altho ideally one for
>> each OS that we are going to test would be best right?  so we have:
>>
>> FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD
>> these seem for sure right?  did we make a decision yet regarding
>> Darwin/Linux/others?
>>
>> -pete
>>

> A win2k3 box, and some sort of MAC OS 10.x
>
> Therefore I shall see what I can do about the 4 intel based boxes

Was it decided what tests would be done?

If there will be time in addition to whatever other tests you want to
run, I'd like to do compare FOSS VPN options on different platforms and
how they interact.

When I asked about it before there was one person interested, who didn't
have time. If this is way too boring for everyone (understandable!), if
your client has extra junkers destined for the dumpster I'd like to grab
a couple, if I could, to try it out on my own.

Josh