[nycbug-talk] ipsec-tools racoon with Cisco VPN client...

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Feb 1 17:05:33 EST 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Dru wrote:

> Sounds like they aren't agreeing on policy. What's the config at the Cisco
> end?

In my experience; the Cisco VPN Client is a highly simplified IPSEC engine
that relies heavily on extra proprietary in-bound/in-line data to help it
negotiate.

This is how Cisco accomplishes all kinds out-of-RFC-spec features like
DNS-interception, two-phase challenge-authentication.

Getting to it to talk to Racoon might be a lot of shots-in-the-dark kind
of work.  Unless there's an advanced mode / registry hacks that I don't
know about.

~BAS