[nycbug-talk] Cacti Alternatives?

Max Gribov max at neuropunks.org
Sat May 15 17:17:53 EDT 2010

On 05/15/2010 04:09 PM, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 05:55:38PM +0000, Mark Saad wrote:
>
>> Master ...  Master ...  Master of puppets pulling their striiiiings . Sorry metalica on the brain, there is a cacti alternative written using pythons django framework , it did not use rrd tool but svg based graphs . it looked nice but the name is lost on me now .
>>
>> Mark Saad | mark.saad at ymail.com
>>
> Has munin been mentioned?  (I haven't used it, but one of our developers
> just got into it, and has been showing me a bunch of graphs that it
> makes.)

munin is cool, it has collectors on the monitored hosts which send data
to centralized logging and graphing server.
very active community, many plugins, and new plugins are very easy to
write. it monitors alot of stats out of the box.

also i think ganglia is very good, although i have never tried
customizing it.