[talk] virtualization support in openbsd

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 8 14:26:58 EDT 2015

On Monday, August 31, 2015 12:08:05 PM Pete Wright wrote:

> On 08/31/15 11:55, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I don't know much about virtualization, how come not port kvm or bhyve?
> >>

> > Or Xen (which I think NetBSD is the only one supporting) or vkernels
> > (DragonFly-only) or hey, jails, which has been around forever but
> > everyone has a slightly different version of.
> >

> freebsd also has continuing support being developed to Xen (as well as
> support for virtual box).

I believe dom0 works with PVH on amd64 in HEAD.  I'm not sure how much of
that is present in 10.x.  I know that someone at Xen is working on arm
support as well (possibly just aarch64) for dom0 and domU.

I do think there are patches to add bhyve support to libvirt, though I
have not followed to see if they are merged upstream.

--
John Baldwin