[talk] FB outage

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Oct 4 17:28:13 EDT 2021

The rumors from my side. I've not verified them all (some are in the
twitter feed). We'll see how reliable this is...

But, Facebook does all their own tooling, and it's all down.
Even internal chat. So they are talking directly via cell phones (system to
lookup cell numbers, also down)
The only way that can provision the bgp routes is via the console of the
routers at this point...
... but the internal system to get credentials is also down.
They also need to get someone in front of the console to bring things back
online...
Their tools to coordinate and meet to come up with a plan, also down....

Single point of failure in the extreme.