[talk] Does swap still matter?

Mark Saad nonesuch at longcount.org
Wed Mar 16 14:21:48 EDT 2022

> On Mar 16, 2022, at 1:28 PM, Anthony Elizondo <anthony.elizondo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Kubernetes

Is utter garbage , it’s just a scam to get people to use the cloud . Don’t get me wrong some people absolutely love it and think it’s the only way to run their kit . I am a firm believer in less is more . K8s is the exact opposite; more is better , bigger and what you want .  It’s too big to fail … sure .

Compressed pages (z-ram) is a cool idea in Linux and esxi have that reduce the need to swap inactive pages , it would be nice to see this ported / reimplement for a bsd .  It can help in both low ram conditions and when physical resources are limited ( like in a embedded setup ) .

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch at longcount.org