[talk] meeting tonight: idea on ports supply-chain security

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Jul 12 13:08:29 EDT 2023

To top-post to an already over-wordy email...

Part of the point of this is to give everyone a broader sense of some
things happening in academia tangential to real life.

We have done it in the past but it's been a while. One of the guiding
principles for me about NYC*BUG, and I have articulated before, was
bridging research to the real world. We can't get lost in how things are
done today, but we should be capable of judging the utility (or not) of
relevant research being done.

Think what USENIX has done but on a user-group level, maybe.