[talk] NYC*BUG TONIGHT: Ori on GEFS

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:39:17 EDT 2023

On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 9:37 AM George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
wrote:

> GEFS, A Good Enough File System, Ori Bernstein
>
> 2023-05-03 @ 18:45 - Five Mile Stone at 1640 2nd Ave (northeast Corner
> of 2nd Ave and 85th St, 2nd floor). Please note the stairs to the second
> floor are on the north wall as you enter from 2nd Ave.
>
> GEFS is an experimental file system built for Plan 9. It aims to be a
> crash-safe, corruption-detecting, simple, and fast, snapshotting file
> system, in that order. It's built on top of a relatively new data
> structure known as a Bε tree. Ori will be talking about how it works
> internally, and his ambitions to port it to OpenBSD.
>
> Speaker Biography
>
> Ori is 100% human, or triple your money back.

Great looking talk! I did a quick search of B-epsilon and found this
paper... sitting down with my lunch about to read it.

An Introduction to Bε-trees and Write-Optimization -  Michael A. Bender,
Martin Farach-Colton, William Jannen, Rob Johnson, Bradley C. Kuszmaul,
Donald E. Porter, Jun Yuan, and Yang Zhan
<http://supertech.csail.mit.edu/papers/BenderFaJa15.pdf>
--
-jesse