[talk] BSDCan 2024

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue May 23 22:12:22 EDT 2023

Dan is stepping back, and a federally overseer has been mandated.

https://mwl.io/archives/22799

I am disturbed by the mask policy. COVID-mitigating masks are fine with
me. But apparently this BSDCan overseer character is a heavy in the
horror/scifi writers guild, and I suspect they don't mean COVID masks.

In all seriousness, it was a nice run Dan, and we were glad to be a
small part from the beginning.  Running a con is a lot of work. It's not
just having some checklist that you move through quickly. It's like
having an intense part-time job for months and the boss is particularly
demanding. And the stakes are high.

Like MWL wrote,

One thing that the BSD community has historically excelled at is passing
leadership from one generation to the next.

I hope others on talk@ can take the time to attend and contribute to the
new era of BSDCans.