[talk] rsvp

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Sat Feb 17 13:36:04 EST 2024

On 2/17/24 12:20, George Rosamond wrote:
> Ummm... Please see the meeting announce.
>
> It's to rsvp@, not to talk@

Understood, but ... It's been so long since we've had a technical
meeting in a location that required an attendance list that I had
forgotten that we ever request RSVPs -- and nothing in the Feb 07 post
to announce@ indicated that RSVPs were advisable or necessary.  So I
went to the URL, saw "rsvp AT lists.nycbug.org", highlighted only
"lists.nycbug.org" to copy it to my email client, pasted it into the
'To' panel in my email client, which then auto-corrected it to the much
more frequently seen 'talk@' and hit the Send button.

And I guess I wasn't the only one to do that!