[Tor-BSD] NYCBUG OpenBSD tor relay - May update

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Tue May 14 13:38:34 EDT 2013

Hi tor-bsd --

Here's the monthly update of the NYCBUG OpenBSD tor relay:
* Officially named nycbug1.nycbug.org (or NYCBUG1) if you want to look up
stats.
* Updated to Tor 0.2.12-alpha.
* It's sending about 46 GB/day and receiving about 45.5 GB/day.
* If you're looking to run an OpenBSD tor relay of your own, I suggest
raising ulimit -n. I'm not sure what is best at the moment, but ulimit -n
1024 doesn't seem to be good enough.
* Starting with Tor 0.2.12-alpha, the heartbeat log now shows TLS write
overhead. This machine averages 6% overhead. I'm sure this stat is one of
those the-lower-the-better stats. I do not know if 6% is good, average, or
otherwise (I have nothing to compare to) but I am assuming that it is
good, based on the amount of traffic the machine is pushing in both
directsion.

That's all I can think of at the moment. If anything else comes to mind,
I'll be sure to let everyone know.

~Brian