[Tor-BSD] Another Possible OpenBSD Speed Culprit

Libertas libertas at mykolab.com
Thu Dec 25 21:53:09 EST 2014

I just remembered that this shows up in my logs whenever I restart tor:

> We were built to run on a 64-bit CPU, with OpenSSL 1.0.1 or later,
> but with a version of OpenSSL that apparently lacks accelerated
> support for the NIST P-224 and P-256 groups. Building openssl with
> such support (using the enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128 option when
> configuring it) would make ECDH much faster.

My relay is still underperforming, moving ~ 750 KB/s when its consensus
weight was up to 4.8 MB/s and its uplink is 100 Mbps. I know it isn't
the file descriptors, as it has at least 8192 available.

Does anyone know about SSL ciphers? Might this reasonably be the cause
of OpenBSD not attaining what would be expected of the hardware and network?