[Tor-BSD] Call for BSD Tor Relays!

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Jun 19 21:39:22 EDT 2014

Brian Callahan:

> On 06/19/14 20:52, Brian Callahan wrote:
>> Hi tor-bsd --
>>
>> Long time no talk. I want to bring two things to your attention:
>> 1. The EFF is running the Tor Challenge, calling for new tor nodes to
>> be created for the long-term (1 year+) https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/
>> 2. We mention a lot around NYC*BUG the need to upset monocultures. The
>> tor project agrees:
>> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2014-June/004699.html
>>
>> Let this be the push needed for you to start running a Tor node today,
>> running *BSD!

Periodically I check torstatus.blutmagie.de...

Here's the current percent of public Tor relays, not including the
BigRig ones:

Total Bandwidth of displayed Routers [KBytes/s]: 	484784
Total Number of Routers: 	5505 	100%
Routers in Current Query Result Set: 	332 	6.03%

Over 6% *BSD.

>> ~Brian
>>
>> PS - note also we now preferring tor-bsd at lists.nycbug.bug - if you are
>> still using tor-bsd at nycbug.org - please update your contacts
>
> Sorry... that should be tor-bsd at lists.nycbug.org

Yes... at some point mail to nycbug.org will bounce for this list.