[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD node underperforming?

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Dec 1 18:21:12 EST 2015

On 12/01/15 15:11, Michael McConville wrote:
> A few quick tips:
>
>  * try adding 'HardwareAccel 1' to your torrc
>
>  * make sure you're on a 0.2.7.x release (not 0.2.6.x)
>
>  * make sure you don't have any particularly demanding firewall or
>    filter daemons running
>
>  * make sure your DNS setup is fast, healthy, and reliable

Thanks Michael - I've reconfigured my relay to enable HardwareAccel,
didn't realize that was an option.  One question I have - what is the
impact of increasing the "MaxMemInQueues" config token?  It's
auto-detecting 8G for this, I have enough headroom to double that - but
the tor daemon is only using 120MB of resident memory...

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org