[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD tor-devel config options

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Thu Jan 8 14:27:36 EST 2015

Hey All,
I was doing some testing with my FreeBSD tor systems while poking around
for potential optimizations.  I have found that setting the following
compilation flags for the tor-devel FreeBSD port have lowered CPU load
on my systems, and from the looks of things this may have lead to an
increase of utilization of my circuit.

enable: BUFFREELISTS
enable: INSTR_DOWNLOADS
enable: MEMPOOLS
enable: THREADS [default]
enable: TRANSPARENT [default]

My guess is that enabling the MEMEPOOLS and BUFFREELISTS options has
helped on my end.  I attempted to enable BUFFREEEVENTS as well, but that
generated lots of logging data.  I may attempt to re-enable that once I
have more data with my current configuration.

Cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright