[Tor-BSD] attic: randomness exhaustion

Libertas libertas at mykolab.com
Sun Mar 15 04:26:39 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 03:03:34PM -0500, George Rosamond wrote:
> Henning replied on misc@ to the thread from a while back:
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=142547006316926&w=2
>
> His suggestion is definitely worth testing... although I don't know how
> relevant it's going to be on relays without significant traffic.
>
> Maybe pf isn't slow, but Henning certainly is!

I had already bumped my states limit, if that's what you're referring
to.

Lately, I've suspected that a lot of my personal woes are due to the
fact that my exit node is running on an Intel Atom. I wasn't previously
aware of how much worse they are in the more subtle aspects of CPU
performance.

That said, it seems that updating to Tor 0.2.6.3 has significantly
increased my throughput. Outside of that update, I haven't been working
on this problem lately.