[Tor-BSD] Relays don't work on FreeBSD 10.2p3

Alfred Meyer alfred at nirf.de
Sun Sep 20 09:44:20 EDT 2015

Hello,
I'm running a FreeBSD relay inside a jail. After upgrading to 10.2p3, Tor gets
stuck at 80% bootstrapping. When trying to connect to the control port and
authenticating, it takes a while until the connection is accepted, but it
doesn't react to my authentication command at all. Tor doesn't react to
SIGTERM anymore and has to be killed. The bug also affects "arm" which doesn't
output anything, doesn't react to SIGTERM either nor to Ctrl+C.

This only happens when Tor is configured as a relay. Rolling back to 10.2p2
solved the problem. This is my Tor version:
> [notice] Tor v0.2.6.9 (git-d41ab97294ec69c7) running on FreeBSD with Libevent 2.0.22-stable, OpenSSL 1.0.1l-freebsd and Zlib 1.2.8.

Can anybody reproduce this?

- Alfred