[Tor-BSD] warnings on a freeBSB exit

Vinícius Zavam egypcio at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:33:02 EST 2016

> > On 5 Dec. 2016, at 11:10, pa011 <pa011 at web.de> wrote:
> >
> > Dec 04 19:16:12.000 [notice] Now checking whether ORPort x.x.x.x:9001
> and DirPort x.x.x.x:9030 are reachable... (this may take up to 20 minutes
> >
> >> (Please don't redact the addresses. It makes it really hard to help you.
> >> We need to know if they are the same or different.)
>
> When you send us your logs, are you replacing your relay IP address
> with "x.x.x.x"?
>
> Please don't, it makes it really hard to help you.
> (And the address will be public as soon as you get your relay working.)
>
> If you must hide them, please tell us if they are different or the same.
>
> >> You could also try setting the Address torrc option to the IPv4 address
> >> of the VPS,
> > sorry - what and how please ?
>
> Add this line to your torrc:
>
> Address x.x.x.x
>
> Where x.x.x.x is the IPv4 address of your VPS.

> --
> Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

hello paul,

teor is right; if you want to hide your public IP for this troubleshooting,
please refer to some rfc5737+rfc1918, and tell us which one is either
public or private. it is pretty tricky to "debug" the information present
in your logs.

well, if you can try it... please change your torrc to the one available on
https://openbsd-br.org/pub/torrc.txt (it has default config for non-exit
relay operation). if you need more custom stuff, I hope that the comments
on this config file will help you to setup an exit node. its content is
smaller than the whole Tor man page, or the sample config file :)

I do plan to update all tutorials available on torbsd's web page as soon as
possible, and this torrc I sent you will be used as base config for
different scenarios - if you need even more help or information, please
refer to the url recommendations on the torrc.txt file :3

PS: try to run your relay with non-default ports, like 9001 and 9030. even
more diversity will be fun!

MFG,
--
Vinícius Zavam