[Tor-BSD] Tor exit notice on Port 9030

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Fri Jan 6 12:29:44 EST 2017

Am 06.01.2017 um 17:03 schrieb diffusae:
> Hi!
>
> I only can confirm, if you have the DirPort on 80, that the exit-notices
> is shown. Normally this should also work on higher ports.
>
> I don't know any tricks to get this working.
>
> Regards,
>

> On 06.01.2017 16:50, pa011 wrote:
>> Trying to solve my own problem I found out that most of the exit-notices in BSD world don’t work or at least not as you might expect. Nearly all BSD exits who don’t use DirPort 80 show up their exit notice when you call the IP in the browser.
>>
>> Probably nobody of the abused would scan all ports to find a abuse notice for example on port 9030.
>>
>> So I would appreciate if somebody could show here the little trick for FreeBSD, how somebody browsing could see the exit-notice while I  am using DirPort 9030?
>>
>> Thanks Paul

You are usually quite of a help to me diffusae, but not here :-)

If you search here http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index.php?SR=DirPort&SO=Asc for BSD platforms, most of those not on DirPort 80 don’t show a exit-notice in your browser :-(

There seems to be a difference in handling this between linux and BSD, because the statistic show a far higher probability to find a exit-notice on port 9030 on linux systems?!