[Tor-BSD] obfs4proxy imported to pkgsrc (with build instructions for FreeBSD)

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Oct 3 08:45:00 EDT 2017

Vinícius Zavam:
> On Sep 30, 2017 20:46, "Alexander Nasonov" <alnsn at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
> Alexander Nasonov wrote:
>> The instruction below is for building net/obfs4proxy and net/tor on
>> FreeBSD 11 amd64 as a regular user in their home directory.
>
> Sevan (@sevanjaniyan on Twitter) pointed out that the instruction isn't
> specific to FreeBSD. You can try it on any POSIX-like OS with a working
> Go compiler.
>
> There is actually one tiny bit in the instruction which probably
> works only on FreeBSD, OpenBSD and some Linux distros. A path to
> curl is hardcoded:
>
> FETCH_CMD=/usr/local/bin/curl

hard-coded paths are never good.

> Just make sure that FETCH_CMD is set properly in mk-fragment before
> running bootstrap.
>
> Alex
>

> большое спасибо!
>
> I am trying to push it officially to FreeBSD' ports repo since a few days;
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D12524
>
> the sources on our GitHub repo are already synced and signed. if someone
> wants to play with it (and our other ports) a little, just get stuff on
> https://github.com/torbsd/freebsd-ports
>
> again, thank you (both)!

Great stuff.  Getting obfs4proxy into pkgsrc and FreeBSD is a great step.

Now we need to get some more BSD people running bridges with obfs4proxy,
since these numbers are ugly:

https://torbsd.github.io/oostats/bridges-trans-os.txt

For those around NYC, tomorrow TDP/NYC*BUG are doing a meeting to
address that:

http://www.nycbug.org/index.cgi?action=view&id=10654