[Jobs] [nylug-job] Next Search Group seeks Senior Recruiting Manager
msettro at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 13 17:06:03 EST 2005
Posted via http://jobs.nylug.org
* JobID: #381
* Submitted On: 2005-12-13 15:42:56
* Company: Next Search Group
* Contact: Randi Blake,
* Email: randib at nextsearchgroup.com
* Url: http://
* Phone: 212-586-7672
* Fax: 212-586-4493
* Title: Senior Recruiting Manager
* Salary: $80,000 - $95,000
* Description: a immediate opening for a talented and self-motivated individual. xxxxx is a top 50 web publisher, according to Nielsen, with more than 22 million registered members across our three sites --. xxxxxx is the category leader for building online community destinations for U.S. ethnic groups. Our members continue to come back to these sites in order to interact with people of similar backgrounds and interests; to establish meaningful relationships; to find out about the latest news in politics, culture, music, entertainment and the job market; and to gain access to innovative tools and services. Compensation
â¢ Competitive Salary
â¢ 100% Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability, & Long Term Disability Plans
â¢ 401K Plan with Company Match
â¢ Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
â¢ Flexible Spending Accounts
â¢ Educational Assistance
â¢ Stock Options
â¢ 3 Weeks Paid Time Off (during first year of employment)
â¢ Paid Holidays
â¢ Health & Wellness Program
â¢ TransitChek Program
* Required Skills:
â¢ Productive teams comprised of motivated individuals pursuing innovation, technology and continuous improvement.
â¢ Invigorating and enthusiastic work environment.
â¢ An ultra-efficient custom iterative process based on agile processes like Extreme Programming, Scrum, Lean.
â¢ Dedicated time at work to research, study and get better.
â¢ Developing robust web applications using agile practices like test-driven development, refactoring, pair programming, continuous integration etc.
â¢ Continuously becoming better by learning, mentoring, researching, and developing the next generation of applications, open-source projects, and cool technologies.
â¢ Participating and mentoring in the weekly user group meetings.
â¢ Collaborating and communicating with customers, participating in the release planning meetings, and taking ownership.
Requirements / Qualifications
â¢ Strong passion for technology and an urge to learn and get better everyday.
â¢ 5+ years of experience including analysis, design, coding, and implementation of object-oriented Web applications.
â¢ 4+ years of development experience with Oracle or another major RDBMS.
â¢ Strong understanding and deep experience in working with database-driven websites using dynamic languages like PHP, Perl, Java, JSP, C, ASP, etc.
â¢ BS degree (in Computer Science or related discipline)
â¢ Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum.
â¢ Past experience with test-driven development, refactoring.
â¢ Experience leading and mentoring individuals and teams.
â¢ Knowledge of a UNIX type operating system (preferably Linux)
â¢ Previous contributions to open source projects.
New York City, NY
More information about the Jobs