[jobs] Data Security Officer - NYC - up to $150K
ihartman at ymsassociates.com
Wed Aug 1 11:26:20 EDT 2007
Position: Data Security Officer
Location: New York, NY
Company: Mid-tier Commercial & Private Bank
Role: Vice President responsible for managing administration of a company-wide Information Technology Security programs
Reports To: Chief Risk Officer (SVP)
Compensation: Total annual compensation can be from $120,000 to $150,000 plus benefits, depending upon experience/skills
Our client is a mid-size, New York-based, full-service commercial & private bank that specializes in providing financial
services to middle- to upper-middle market firms, international businesses, and not-for-profit organizations. The bank
has offices in most major US markets, as well as overseas.
> Direct the development and implementation of data security strategy, including development of policies and procedures, logical access controls, and Disaster Recovery planning
> Develop, direct and perform vulnerability risk assessments, incidence response activities, and scanning/penetration analysis
> Monitor compliance with bank-wide data security, policies and standards by reviewing daily reports. Recommend and implement enhancements to reporting
> Provide data security and quality assurance assessments on application implementations and hardware configurations, including Internet and eBusiness applications
> Conduct periodic audits on data security controls
> Advise management on Best Practices and advancing trends in data security and quality assurance
> Ensure policies and standards conform to NYS Banking and FIDCIA regulatory requirements
> Supervise staff by establishing priorities and ensuring timely completion of assignments. Provide assistance, training and guidance as necessary
> Work closely with both internal and external IT organizations. Encourage and cultivate positive working relationships across the organization
> Minimum of 7 years experience in:
- Information technology and security, including experience in logical access controls, scanning/penetration tools, network firewall technologies,
Internet applications, eBusiness, telecommunications, LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience analyzing router, firewall, operating and application systems, server configurations, and SSL-VPN environments.
- Strong leadership, team building and Project Management skills.
- Possession or working towards CISA, CISSP, or equivalent certification.
- Familiarity with Unix, Solaris, AIX, VMS, Actimize, and NetIQ a plus.
- Strong written & oral communication and presentation skills; ability to productively work cooperatively with a wide variety of constituencies,
including business partners, and technology and operations managers
- Highly energetic and results oriented
- Reputation for good character and integrity
> Bachelors degree required
> Candidate must possess (or be working towards) CISA, CISSP, or equivalent
To be considered for this position, please email your CV in confidence to:
441 Route 306
Wesley Hills, NY 10952
845.362.1616 ext 201
ihartman at ymsassociates.com
More information about the jobs