[NYCBSDCon] bits and pieces

Patrick McEvoy patmcevoy at mac.com
Thu Sep 9 14:50:58 EDT 2010

Here are a few bits and pieces I have been working on a-la the Cooper
AV and Con-Publicity tip.

1 We will need to contact the speakers to ask permission to record
them and to request that they use a screen resolution of 800 x 600 for
screen recording equipment to work.
	(I can formulate an email or tack a few lines onto the end of the
next communiqué you guys will be sending out. )

2 I have made a QR code of the Con website that I would like to put on
the flyers.
My angle is to use them on the flyers, especially for the flyers I
will be passing out at the NY Makerfaire.
QR code is a patented but free technology developed in Japan that
allows mobile phone users to scan the code and retrieve the content,
which can be one of the following:
URL,  Text (up to 250 characters)  Phone Number, or  SMS

We will be using the URL for the Con website that will get readers of
the flyer with newer smart phones (Bberry, iPhone, etc) on our Con
site in seconds.
This will give them virtually instant access to the newest information
on the con without the need to reprint any flyers.
I think this is just about mandatory for the flyers going to the
college computer labs too.
I have attached a large copy of the code as a .png image for you to
check out.

3 I am in contact with the Cooper AV people and will be arranging a
tour of the auditorium AV booth soon.

Patrick McEvoy
patmcevoy at mac.com