[NYCBSDCon] bits and pieces

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Fri Sep 10 11:17:07 EDT 2010

On 09/09/10 14:50, Patrick McEvoy wrote:
> Here are a few bits and pieces I have been working on a-la the Cooper AV
> and Con-Publicity tip.
>
> 1 We will need to contact the speakers to ask permission to record them
> and to request that they use a screen resolution of 800 x 600 for screen
> recording equipment to work.
> (I can formulate an email or tack a few lines onto the end of the next
> communiqué you guys will be sending out. )

Cool.  By agreeing to speak, presenters also agree to be recorded. ..
but it's always good to clarify.

> 2 I have made a QR code of the Con website that I would like to put on
> the flyers.
> My angle is to use them on the flyers, especially for the flyers I will
> be passing out at the NY Makerfaire.
> QR code is a patented but free technology developed in Japan that allows
> mobile phone users to scan the code and retrieve the content, which can
> be one of the following:
> URL, Text (up to 250 characters) Phone Number, or SMS
>
> We will be using the URL for the Con website that will get readers of
> the flyer with newer smart phones (Bberry, iPhone, etc) on our Con site
> in seconds.
> This will give them virtually instant access to the newest information
> on the con without the need to reprint any flyers.
> I think this is just about mandatory for the flyers going to the college
> computer labs too.
> I have attached a large copy of the code as a .png image for you to
> check out.

cool stuff PM. . .

You can post to this list for review.  If it's too large, we can let it
through the queue.

> 3 I am in contact with the Cooper AV people and will be arranging a tour
> of the auditorium AV booth soon.

Good stuff. . .

You might want to arrange for Wed PM when others will be going.  I know
NYI will be there.  I invited Prentice, but they might have an event
that night.

Others should contact the sponsors to notify about it.