[NYCBSDCon] presentations

Wiley, Glen gwiley at verisign.com
Wed Nov 20 10:04:56 EST 2013

We found that switching to speakers laptops took about 5 minutes on
average during vBSDcon and it seemed to fit naturally with the breaks we
had between talks.  Those breaks were important for ensuring that folks
had a chance to chatter about what they just heard and to give them a
chance to leverage personal connections related to the topic.  We got a
lot of positive feedback on the hallway track.

Another problem we had was that many presenters were finishing their
slides up to the last minute so they simply didn't have them ready to put
on a common laptop until they were on their way up to the stage.
--
Glen Wiley
KK4SFV

Sr. Engineer