[NYCBSDCon] presentations

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Nov 20 10:10:07 EST 2013

Wiley, Glen:
> We found that switching to speakers laptops took about 5 minutes on

Hey Glen!  Welcome aboard!

> average during vBSDcon and it seemed to fit naturally with the breaks we
> had between talks.  Those breaks were important for ensuring that folks
> had a chance to chatter about what they just heard and to give them a
> chance to leverage personal connections related to the topic.  We got a
> lot of positive feedback on the hallway track.

That was a lesson we learned long ago--in-between time is critical since
informal discussion is as critical to a con's success as the formal
presentations.  We have definitely accounted for it on our tentative
schedule.

In terms of laptops, it's always dependent on the right adapters and
onsite hardware, but yes, it should be relatively smooth.  The question
is integrating the recording/streaming.

> Another problem we had was that many presenters were finishing their
> slides up to the last minute so they simply didn't have them ready to put
> on a common laptop until they were on their way up to the stage.

Oh, very good point that I'd take on to my earlier reply