[NYCBSDCon] presentations

Wiley, Glen gwiley at verisign.com
Wed Nov 20 10:15:26 EST 2013

On 11/20/13 10:10 AM, "George Rosamond" <george at ceetonetechnology.com>
wrote:

>Wiley, Glen:
>> We found that switching to speakers laptops took about 5 minutes on
>
>Hey Glen!  Welcome aboard!

George,

Rick and I are both looking forward to visiting new york for the
conference!

>> average during vBSDcon and it seemed to fit naturally with the breaks we
>> had between talks.  Those breaks were important for ensuring that folks
>> had a chance to chatter about what they just heard and to give them a
>> chance to leverage personal connections related to the topic.  We got a
>> lot of positive feedback on the hallway track.
>
>That was a lesson we learned long ago--in-between time is critical since
>informal discussion is as critical to a con's success as the formal
>presentations.  We have definitely accounted for it on our tentative
>schedule.
>
>In terms of laptops, it's always dependent on the right adapters and
>onsite hardware, but yes, it should be relatively smooth.  The question
>is integrating the recording/streaming.

We had one issue with adapters - Devin's macbook was OLD and the spare
that I had for presenters used the newer apple video connector. My guess
is that 15-pin SVGA is common enough to meet almost everyone's needs.  We
sent a note to all the speakers before hand to make sure we know about any
special AV needs.