[NYCBSDCon] sponsor levels

Bill Totman billtotman at billtotman.com
Fri Oct 4 11:39:25 EDT 2013

On 10/3/13 11:20 PM, "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike at blackskyresearch.net> wrote:

>On Oct 2, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Bill Totman <billtotman at billtotman.com> wrote:
>
>> Only two sponsor levels were suggested. I think three is apropos, but,
>>how we'll has that worked in the past?
>
>The past:
>http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2010/index.html
>
>3 levels 2010, 2 levels others…
>I say we do 3 levels: Who remembers the numbers discussed for each level?
> Just tossing this out there:
>
>Gold - Big shots  ($1-2k)
>  (2-sqaure or 3-square table area?)
>Silver - Radness  ($500?)
>  (1-square table area?)
>Bronze - Indie ($150-200)
>  Limited/Common/Flyer table space
>
>Nothing much can be hung on the walls, free-standing banners etc… could
>be brought in if limited size, and logos could be displayed on the
>wall-monitors (dunno if that feels cheesy, but…).
>
>ASAP ISSUE TO AGREE ON (for speaking to sponsors)
> - Prices
> - How much Table Space
>
>--
>For sponsor tables, here's measurements I took on Monday:
>- 99% of the tables at suspenders are identical:
>  - Square 25.5" x 25.5" Tabletop, each 28.75" high
>
>These square tables are joined to make 2-top tables, plenty of room.
>The space is so modular, and there are so many layouts, I say we don't
>screw around with too much planning until we have a better idea.
>
>- A few round standing tables in the open area near the bar:
>  (possibly better for projects/CF/media giveaways or other demos?)
>   24" diameter, 42" high, (san sit on barstool relatively comfortably)
>
>Rocket-
>.ike

+1 to '3 levels'

Gold:
    Is $1k - $2k enough? Or does the economy dictate otherwise?
    Guarantee 2 tables - if space permits we can expand to 3rd on the day
of?
Silver:
    +1 to $500
Bronze:
    +1 to $150

Their logos/videos circulating on the monitors should be sufficient -
especially when all/most of them have it at the same time. But, should we
have a backup plan if there's a push for something freestanding?

+1 round tables.

-bt