[NYCBSDCon] One idea

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Sep 11 13:14:44 EDT 2013

This should be the forum for tossing around ideas.. too much is
happening offlist and informally, and will be forgotten and lost.

So based on some input from Patrick, wouldn't it be useful to have a
period (lunch?) when there are stations setup around the meeting space.

A dev/user has a fat sign over there head with a particular topic.

I imagine...

"Hi, I'm Joe Blow.  This is the ARM FreeBSD table.  This is how you use
crochet and edit the configs.  If you have a mSD or SD card, I can dd an
image for you.  Here is a BBone to test if you want to take a look
around.  I'm not a dev.  I can barely tie my own shoes.  But I got it
working"

"Hi, I'm Jill Blow.  I'm a bad-ass OBSD dev focused on octeon.  Do you
want to do something useful with your octeon hardware at home?  This is
what I'm working on.  We can talk more on this list/irc/whatever.  Oh,
you have a few pallets of octeon hardware to donate?  great."

"Hi, I'm no one in particular.  Do you have *any* hardware to donate or
which you can get fat discounts on?  Please sign here."

We put out a call for volunteers for it, have some prearranged, and go
from there.  Sort of like some middle school science expose.

It would open things up a bit.  We could also do them as lightning
sessions, and force group by group to do the circuit.