[NYCBSDCon] One idea

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com
Wed Sep 11 13:35:51 EDT 2013

If you do it at lunch: have food beside each table.

You want chips?  Gotta talk to the guy porting tor to pfSense.

I call dibs on the dessert table.

==ml

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 01:14:44PM -0400, George Rosamond wrote:

> This should be the forum for tossing around ideas.. too much is
> happening offlist and informally, and will be forgotten and lost.
>
> So based on some input from Patrick, wouldn't it be useful to have a
> period (lunch?) when there are stations setup around the meeting space.
>
> A dev/user has a fat sign over there head with a particular topic.
>
> I imagine...
>
> "Hi, I'm Joe Blow.  This is the ARM FreeBSD table.  This is how you use
> crochet and edit the configs.  If you have a mSD or SD card, I can dd an
> image for you.  Here is a BBone to test if you want to take a look
> around.  I'm not a dev.  I can barely tie my own shoes.  But I got it
> working"
>
> "Hi, I'm Jill Blow.  I'm a bad-ass OBSD dev focused on octeon.  Do you
> want to do something useful with your octeon hardware at home?  This is
> what I'm working on.  We can talk more on this list/irc/whatever.  Oh,
> you have a few pallets of octeon hardware to donate?  great."
>
> "Hi, I'm no one in particular.  Do you have *any* hardware to donate or
> which you can get fat discounts on?  Please sign here."
>
> We put out a call for volunteers for it, have some prearranged, and go
> from there.  Sort of like some middle school science expose.
>
> It would open things up a bit.  We could also do them as lightning
> sessions, and force group by group to do the circuit.

Michael W. Lucas  -  mwlucas at michaelwlucas.com, Twitter @mwlauthor
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/, http://blather.MichaelWLucas.com/
Absolute OpenBSD 2/e - http://www.nostarch.com/openbsd2e
coupon code "ILUVMICHAEL" gets you 30% off & helps me.