[NYCBSDCon] Hard Media Idea

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Thu Sep 12 09:46:18 EDT 2013

Isaac (.ike) Levy:

> On September 11, 2013 11:00:55 PM EDT, Brian Callahan <bcallah at devio.us>
> wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/2013 2:51 PM, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
>>>
>>> Word,

>>> How about then we focus on just USB sticks and SD cards?
>>>
>>> If the official CD folks can interact and get media on-site, I think
>>> that's great- free or booth or whatever.

>>> Cool.  Now to find bulk pricing?  Hrm...
>>>

>> Bulk-ish... but otoh, I don't know how many we'd need/want.
>> http://dx.com/p/tf-micro-sd-memory-card-w-sd-adapter-4gb-126302
>>

> SLAMMIN- dx is perfect for this.

Very much.

But let's see how this could fit into the first con.

I do like the idea of lightning-like booths/tables at some point, spread
around the place.  Make it interactive, break the barriers, get people
interacting.

How connected should those sessions be to the theme of the event?  I
mean, someone showing how to use crochet for fbsd to build
RPi/BBones/etc.. relevant to "BSD in the Wild"?  Should it?