[NYCBSDCon] NYCBSDCon: a quick summary

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Feb 11 18:20:34 EST 2014

First, this list will soon be in hibernation until the next event.  You
can stay subscribed in anticipation, but we recommend you subscribe to
the NYC*BUG announce@ and talk@ lists.

Of course, we should be *asking* that . .  *should* it be in hibernation?

If you have no interest in future NYCBSDCons, whether in six months or
in a year, feel free to unsubscribe.

We are working out the final numbers, and will be announcing our
donations to each of the four BSD projects.  In many ways, this is the
most satisfying accomplishment of our conferences: handing over a
donation without strings attached.

There are a few writeups about the conference.  We will post on the con
homepage sum-up, but please note any others by sending to admin@

A lot of people played a role in the con, as usual.  Registration went
smooth, the tshirts and stickers arrived on time and we got at cost,
regulars to our events pulled people from work. . . it is hard to
downplay those functions.

An upcoming thread, before this list hibernates, is what the 'theme'
should be for the next day con. . .