[NYCBSDCon] - getting numbers for TShirts

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Tue Jan 28 11:33:44 EST 2014

Patrick McEvoy:
> Ray Percival wrote:
>> Medium for me.

>>> OK, so we have 2XL, XL,L, M&  S.  Please note, 2XL unit price is a
>>> little bit higher. Exact prices will depend on how many we order. The
>>> number 40 was mentioned on IRC earlier as a total number to order.
>>> This is my first attempt to come up with a division of shirts to
>>> order. I have centered the bell curve on the Large size, please let
>>> me know your thoughts and we can start the ordering process.
>>>

>>> SIZE    # of Shirts
>>> 2XL    3
>>> XL    11
>>> L    15
>>> M    8
>>> S    3
>>> --------------------
>>> Total:  40
>>>
>>> Thank you for your input.

> Great news everyone! I just heard from the design guys for the T-Shirts.
> We are getting the shirts for cost.
> Details to follow.

awesome.  great job Patrick.

Maybe we take in some estimated pre-orders to have a base, then figure
out what to order from there?  Set a due date of Friday, or a few days
before production?

But this is really an interesting general point, to me.  We not only
have a large core of people involved in organizing, but we are also
bootstraping off everyone's contacts.

I could go into specifics, like this one Patrick is using, but it's very
relevant for our sponsorships and registrations in particular.

A good number of people feel like they "own" the conference, and I mean
that in a good way :)