[Semibug] OpenBSD To depreciate soft updates

Kyle Willett kyle.d.willett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 10:27:16 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.  So I'm part of this group on Facebook called
OpenBSD newbies ran by the same Peter Hansteen that did that wonderful
talk earlier in the year or last year I can't remember and he shared
this link: https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20230706044554

Basically in order to make FFS/UFS faster they have to remove soft
updates.  Doesn't look like any user facing changes are made since
they made that mount option in fstab just a no op so it does nothing
in -CURRENT.

Just saw that yesterday and thought anyone running -CURRENT or the
next release in October of OpenBSD should know.

Thanks,
Take Care,
Kyle Willett