[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Wed Jul 26 21:30:33 EDT 2023

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 04:59:57PM -0600, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> ...Besides I
> have no idea what is being backed up. I am quite sure they do not use
> Dump and Restore.  Dump and restore is the time proven way to do
> backups....

You are not required to use your hosting company's backup services.
For example, my hosting company can provide VPS backups, yet all of my
VPS platforms -- and physical platforms --  are backed up using Tarsnap,
a third party commercial service with open source client software.

I strongly recommend MWL's Tarsnap Mastery, a book which
totally transformed my thinking about how my data is managed for
both recovery and continuity.  The service is operationally different from
classic filesystem backup or archive solutions.