[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 27 17:58:44 EDT 2023

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023, at 15:42, BCLUG wrote:
> Jonathan Drews wrote on 2023-07-27 14:20:
>
> >> A SysAdmin's dream and well worth the 8% overhead.
> >>
> > More propaganda from proponents for the society for the preservation
> > of artificial complexity.
>
> I see it as an example of "Guy with computer and low complexity use-case
> not imagining the inherent complexity of scaling up multiple orders of
> magnitude".

All I can tell you is that I used Shells ( https://www.shells.com/l/en-US/ ),
which is a virtual machine hosing different desktop OS' (a mix of Windows and Linux)
* It was buggy ( I ran Kubuntu on it)
* It was expensive
* The latency was terrible.
* There was no swap partition for my Linux install. Shells installed the Kubuntu.
  Having no swap meant that when you ran out of RAM, the VM Kubutu locked up. It
  was only 2 MB of ram.

My experience with Virtual machine hosting was truly underwhelming.