[nycbug-talk] Flash petition 479 and counting. . .

alex at pilosoft.com alex
Tue Aug 17 16:43:30 EDT 2004

OK. I'm macromedia project manager in charge of Flash. I see 500 bsd users
who want flash for bsd. My techs say its ~200 manhours [optimistic
estimate] to do the port, proper release engineering, documentation, etc.
Would I do it? Hell no, it additional exposure to flash just isn't worth
it to the company.

Basic math: 10k$ to port. say, 10000 users to gain. Can Macromedia expect
revenue from their products to justify it? Unlikely.

Unfortunately, BSD users are just *too damn small of a user base* to care
about for a company that wants to take money. Get used to it.

--
Alex Pilosov    | DSL, Colocation, Hosting Services
President       | alex at pilosoft.com    (800) 710-7031