[nycbug-talk] isp check

Charles Sprickman spork
Thu Dec 9 16:43:15 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Jerry B. Altzman wrote:

> On 12/9/2004 3:49 PM, George Georgalis wrote:
>
>> Also is there a learn everything you need to know (and nothing more)
>> website to get BGP working?
>
> Don't know much about the ISP, but the O'Reilly book by Iljitsch van Beijnum
> (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/bgp/) is _de rigeur_ reading.

How is that?  Halabi's "Internet Routing Architectures" is really good,
but not really the best intro to the topic. :)  It's also completely
Cisco-centric (being a Cisco Press book and all).  Does the O'Reilly book
cover Juniper or any open source BGP implementations?   Is it fairly
example-heavy?  How does it compare to Halabi's book?

Thanks,

Charles