[nycbug-talk] Imaging software for FreeBSD

Kevin Reiter tux
Thu Dec 23 15:48:33 EST 2004

: Does anyone know of a fast imaging program for BSD. I want to setup
: FreeBSD for my two little brothers. The computers that I have are only
: p500mhz and installing KDE took me about 26 hours.

Try downloading the SystemRescueCD from http://www.sysresccd.org/ and use
partimage.  Lots of handy tools on that there CD...

: Not wanting to sit through that long process I decided to try  g4u
: (http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/) and now I am day four and this thing is
: still running.

Either turn off the compression or change it to gzip instead of bzip2 (I'm
guessing at this point that's what you're currently using, since I had the same
thing happen ;)

HTH
Kev