[nycbug-talk] Newbie mailman from ports

Marco Scoffier marco
Sat Jan 17 14:43:04 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:37:06PM -0500, Marc Spitzer wrote:
<snip>
> mergemaster, between 4.8 and 4.9 there were config file changes and the need to be synced with the files that exist
<snip>
> SUPHOST=        cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
<snip>
> 3: install /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade

Wow thanks Marc, and here I was expecting an RTFM :^)

Actually I was imprecise in my email, I had followed the handbook pretty
closely and did a "make buildworld" and not "make world" sorry.  I redid
mergemaster, cause I don't remember if I did that or not and it seems
not.  I had already updated my make.conf except that I used a us site and not
the uk one you suggest (this is for the encryption exporting stuff
right?) like debian non-us.

I am updating ports now, and will tryout the portupgrade as you
suggested.  I will call out again if I have more trouble,

Thanks,

--
Marco