[nycbug-talk] still a ways from done

Josh McCormack joshmccormack
Tue Jan 27 23:01:06 EST 2004

G. Rosamond wrote:

> ->At the risk of being blasphemous, I'm going to open my mouth.
> ->I really like the work that Jeff has done but... do you think
> ->it might be a little too 'daemonic'.  Granted we ALL
> ->understand the mascot -- and the history that goes back to
> ->very early users manuals (4.3?), but, imagine seeing that for
> ->the first time.  As someone said about other art.. this would
> ->be a cool t-shirt.
>
> see you're point, and you're right in many ways.. .but. . .you're being
> blashphemous
>
> ->I'll admit, it is a subtle and creative use of a very
> ->over-used theme, but does it fit what we were hoping to
> ->evoke? Michael
>
> yes. . .we want to piss off jerry falwell.

As a Christian, and someone with a sense of humor (I like to think, at
least), who also understands that a daemon is not an angel of the devil,
how about taking it up a notch - if this is about NYC, why not have an
apple on there, too? A pointed red tail and an apple - what a cool
double entendre. Imagine that logo in front of a scene of central park
(Eden)... is that a triple entendre?

Josh