[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 5.2/Apache/PHP/SquirrelMail

Kevin Reiter bsd
Thu Jun 3 18:34:16 EDT 2004

All,

I just finished adding Apache 1.3.29 + MOD SSL with PHP 4.3.4 and SquirrelMail v1.4.2 .  The problem is twofold:

1.  PHP pages are being displayed as normal text (code) rather than being interpreted by the browser.
2. After configuring SSL and creating the certificates, I receive the following error when I try to sign the certs by my own CA.  Here's the error:

The Subject's Distinguished Name is as follows
countryName           :PRINTABLE:'US'
stateOrProvinceName   :PRINTABLE:'New Jersey'
localityName          :PRINTABLE:'Hawthorne'
organizationName      :PRINTABLE:'Geekis-Kahn.net'
commonName            :PRINTABLE:'Kevin Reiter'
emailAddress          :IA5STRING:'kevin at geekis-kahn.net'
Certificate is to be certified until Jun  3 20:02:45 2005 GMT (365 days)
Sign the certificate? [y/n]:y
failed to update database
TXT_DB error number 2
CA verifying: server.crt <-> CA cert
unable to load certificate
17679:error:0906D06C:PEM routines:PEM_read_bio:no start line:/usr/src/crypto/openssl/crypto/pem/pem_lib.c:632:Expecting: TRUSTED CERTIFICATE
root at mail# uname -a
FreeBSD mail.geekis-kahn.net 5.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2-RELEASE

I can provide the .conf files for anyone to look over to see if/where I screwed up.  Google results didn't really have anything I could find useful.  The weird thing is, I've done this on another server and everything works just fine.  I even tried copying the files over to the new server, and I get the same results.

Any ideas?

-Kev