[nycbug-talk] Ldap -> mac environment

Marco Scoffier marco
Thu Jun 3 20:47:10 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:27:18PM -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> What about writing a little application (a la iSync, but the plugin API
> for that is not public yet, IIRC) that synchronizes their local Mozilla
> mail contacts with an LDAP server?  You could even do it with a little
> [insert language of choice] script, if the clients are on OS X, because
> it ships with OpenLDAP installed (at least in 10.3).

I'd thought of that too.  The clients are mostly OS9, only 2 out of 20
are OSX boxes.  I hope there is a Net::LDAP for MacPerl.

Only issue I don't know about is that I have to sync both ways, and I
wonder about changing the files out from under Mozilla when the client
is open.

This is a pretty low budget non-profit client, but I like them and
thought figuring this out could be useful for other jobs.  But if
it becomes a huge amount of work, I won't have time to do it.  Adding a
useful piece to the Mozilla project seems more worthwhile to me.

--
Marco