[nycbug-talk] PseudoPOD (was: making of BSD hacks)

Dru dlavigne6
Fri Jun 4 14:01:35 EDT 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Dru wrote:
>

>> For those who haven't seen it yet, chromatic has a nice article on the
>> making of BSD Hacks:
>>
>> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2004/06/03/bsdhacks.html
>>
>> Besides the interesting note that the book was created using BSD/vi and
>> Linux/vim, Pseudopod/subversion is an ideal combo for any shared
>> documentation project.
>
> I'll have to take a look at PseudoPOD.  Is there a canonical URL for it?  I'd
> like to just look at some documentation and samples, rather than going
> through the trouble of CPANing it in and such.

You can find it at Allison Randal's page at CPAN:

www.cpan.org/authors/id/A/AR/ARANDAL

> Without having seen PseudoPOD, my current favorite structural plaintext
> format that I've used to write documentation, papers and slides is definitely
> ReStructuredText, part of the docutils project:
> http://docutils.sourceforge.net/

Hmmm. That looks pretty straight-forward and not too hard to learn... I
enjoyed PseudoPOD because it was so easy to learn.

Dru