[nycbug-talk] secure fest: BSD on a classic VALinux server

Trish Lynch trish
Wed Jun 9 16:17:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 marco at metm.org wrote:

> I have no idea if anyone is up to this, but I am going to install
> FreeBSD on a VALinux server which I will use to replace the rag-tag
> group of linux boxen which make up my home servers.
>
>   It's a pretty nice machine from the 2200 series
>   -- Mylex DAC960 raid controller, with hotswappable ultra scsi disks
>   -- SMP capable motherboard with one 800Mhz cpu.
>   -- Intel everything else
>   -- I even have a manual

of course you realize I've put lots of these up at OSDN with FreeBSD on
them right?

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16